Friday, April 18, 2014

April 2014 ipsy glam bag

"Life is a dance floor, so why not live it up, sing out loud, and shake them hips?!"

This month's theme is "Beauty Rocks" to celebrate the unique beauty of sounds and tunes for the current and upcoming music festivals in the springtime. After being cooped up inside for the couple of months due to nasty winter blues, it is time to bring out the bold & fun colors for spring! Hasta la vista winter!


Urban Decay|24/7 Velvet Glide-On Eye Pencil in Black Velvet (travel size)

"Ideal of smokey-eye fanatics.." Shut up and take my money! If you know me at all, I'm all for smokey eyes! I already have this particular eye pencil from the Urban Decay Anarchy Face Case, and its amazeballs! This product has extra powder making it easily blendable into a soft, matte finish. It glides on smoothly adding definition to rimmed eyes. Water-proof, holla! It's so perfect that it's on the top of my list for best eye liners! 

Random fact about me: I have monolids so I tend to use a lot of eye liner in order for people to even realize I have some on! So much eye liner to the point where when I close my eyes and there is that dreaded appearance of the "black hole" on my eye, LOL!


Cailyn|Tinted Lip Balm in Apple Pink (0.4 oz)

First impression, I didn't think I would like it because it was a light salmon color. Having pigmented lips, light shades are difficult to flaunt. Sometimes it would show up orange or make my lips appear extremely fuller. This lip balm surprised me because it was worked so well for my skin color and lips. Because of my dark colored lips, the color came out as a subtle coral! Not too orange. Probably the first light shade of lip color I approve of. Long lasting too! The application was smooth & light, but noticed that it dried into a matte finish, which is a down fall because it really defined the wrinkles on my lip even more. Luckily, I had some clear gloss and applied a bit on top of the balm to give it some shine!


Elizabeth Mott|pop! goes the shadow in Champagne (2 g)

The plus side of having a shimmery neutral eye shadow color is that I can use it as a highlighter, especially on my cheeks or brow bone. 
Down side is that's probably what I'll only be using it for. It's really similar to "DUST" in the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette, which is what I use for highlights. Besides, it's my second time receiving a neutral eye shadow from Ipsy - hopefully along the road, I'll get to experiment with daring, exciting colors.


dr.brandt|microdermabrasion (7.5 g)
"gently sweeps away dead skin cells and softens skin texture, which enables better absorption of skin care products and helps diminish the appearance of fine lines, acne marks, and skin discolorations..."
Perfect product, perfect timing! Spring is the season of new beginnings, so why not take this time to start fresh & clean? Out with the old and in with the new! I tried this with my Olay Pro-X 3-speed facial cleansing brush on the highest speed (microderm setting) with the microdermabrasion foam head & it worked wonders! Immediately, I noticed a more youthful and brighter complexion. My skin has always been dull with dry patches which can be really noticeable with make up on, but with this advanced cleansing system, it made me feel more confident and comfortable. ANDDDD my make up doesn't flake around my nose and forehead any more! Big thumbs up!


Sexy Hair|Root Pump Volumizing Spray Mousse (1.6 oz)

What girl does NOT want volume in their hair?! This is by far the best volumizing spray ever & trust me, I've tried many products before but it never gave me the results I wanted. I have really thick hair and oily roots, it weighs everything down leaving my hair lifeless and limp. There is just SOOO many problems with my hair, I pretty much gave up on it. But when I pulled out this spray out of my glam bag, it was definitly enticing. First thing I noticed, .."big sexy hair" HELL YA, I want big sexy hair! & behold its alive!! Not only does it provide the phenomenal lift and fullness, it smells good too! Definitely recommend.
Every bag I receive, I'll be doing a finished look using majority of the products in this month's glam bag! I even used items from the previous months! Sorry for the bad picture quality, I couldn't wait to create this look in the morning, so I did it at night. Some products aren't even noticeable in indoor lighting. Darn lighting doesn't do me justice..har har. I'll be patient next time. 

Products I am using from Ipsy:
Eyeliner: Chella Indigo Blue Eyeliner (top)
               Urban Decay 24/7 Velvel Glide-On Eye Pencil in Black Velvet (bottom)
Cheeks: City Color Be Matte Blush in Fresh Melon

Highlights: Elizabeth Mott pop! goes the shadow in Champagne

Lip: Caitlyn Tinted Lip Balm in Apple Pink
Hair: Sexy Hair Root Pump Volumizing Spray Mousse

0 comments :

Post a Comment