Friday, March 14, 2014

March 2014 Ipsy Glam Bag

It's been long overdue for my "first look" with the Glam Bag by Ipsy!
Being an Ipsy subscriber for 4 months, I have not once been disappointed! Besides, being hopelessly in love with makeup, this gives me the opportunity to try new products and experiment with different colors.

Revealing the products!

This month's theme is "Destination Beauty" and it's all about travel. "Exotic beaches or a simple stay-cation - what beautiful destination is your March Glam Bag getting ready for?"

 Exclusive ipsy makeup bag


The print of this makeup bag is a selection from artist, Klari Reis' geography-based series, "Street Anatomy" where she showcases this series and others in San Francisco, CA

I really like this one! Probably one of my favorite bags I've received. Its unique & different. Bright and colourful. Not like any out there, such as leopard print, zebra print, pink, purple, bows, cute. Just as ipsy say, "we believe inspiration comes in all shapes, sizes, colors, mediums, and textiles.." Besides, this month's feature on Klari Reis is one of many in ipsy's new Artist Series & I can't wait to see what they bring!



Pixi Beauty - Flawless Beauty Primer (12 ml)

The first time I was introduced to the Pixi Beauty line was from my very first glam bag back in November 2013. Personally, I love the eyeshadows, liners, and all that, but I wasn't the fan of the primer. For my skin, all primers do not work for me. My face feels greasy right after I apply it & my foundation will easily rub off onto my fingers or brushes, which results in cakey makeup. (eww..haha) Lots of makeup artists at beauty stores or review online suggests that primer is the key to rid of the cakiness, but for some odd reason, primer does not do me justice at all & without primer, my makeup looks great! I don't know it's because I'm not exfoliating enough, or my moisturizer isn't for me, I don't know and I wish I knew why! =(



bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in ``Get Ready`` (1.5 g)

The color is a shade of rosy pink, which is similar to my preferred color for lipstick. The application was very smooth & the texture was very creamy. Ultra-pigmented! It gives full coverage with a rich, satin finish. It also gives the appearance of fuller lips and a healthy-looking pout. Although, some say its very moisturising, I feel as though it did the opposite. At first, it somewhat helped keep my lips moist for like a good hour or so, then it started to dry out my lips, which I did not like at all. My lips are already dry as it is, so I really did not need something on top of that to trigger it more. In the end, it is a promising product and I would try it again but only if the condition of my lips was a lot better. Hahaha



Chella - Eyeliner Pen in "Indigo Blue" (full size)


Best eyeliner ever!
It claims to:
          - lasts all day
          - water-resistant
          - smudge proof
          - quick drying, no feathering
& I couldn't agree more! Very pigmented, does not stain, and it provides a high-intensity eye look that literally lasts all day. Usually, I apply black liner to my lower lash lines and it always smudges, which requires me to rub it with my fingers & by the time the day is over, I'm left with barely any remaining! =( This time, I decided to be a little bold and apply Chella`s indigo blue & boyyy, was I ever satisfied. Not only did it not smudge, it lasted all day, no flaws, nothing! I haven`t been this happy with a product in a very long time! Very impressed.

NYX - Love in Rio Eye Shadow (full size)
Another addition to my collection of eye shadow palettes! The packaging is the slightly the same as the other eye shadows, but with a simple bow to add a little to its appearance. It comes with three natural nudes colors and is very pigmented. With such simple colors, it can be used to create a "casual look" for the day but enough for a "sultry smokey look" for the night. Plus, its travel-sized, so you can easily put it in your purse or makeup bag & reapply when needed! Very convenient, right?

Overall, this month`s glam bag was a success! One of the reasons why I love ipsy and their glam bags is that I get to be creative & use my imagination to create a whole look using the products they have given me. Hopefully next time, I can think outside the box and apply my skills into doing something more, hahah. =)





0 comments :

Post a Comment