Wednesday, March 5, 2014

fitness update

Hello again! It's been awhile since I updated my fitness journey, but then again, I haven't blogged for a long time. This time, no excuses!! :)

My journey to a healthier lifestyle started in October 2013, when my brother and I made a bet as a goal to lose weight. I know you guys are thinking that I shouldn't let money be the reason to motivate me to be healthy because we all know, ahem..MONEY IS EVIL!! LOL. Once I reach my goal weight and win the bet, the first thing I would do with the money is buy a cute new outfit -- if you got it, flaunt it!

Anyways, the first two months was easy, I simply cut out junk food and sugary drinks, work out at the gym 1-2 times a week & started to drink more water and tea. Watching what I ate and the portions allowed me to lose 10 lbs. After that, things went downhill, I was plateau for one month, which made me feel disappointed in myself. LE SIGH. I was too tired and lazy to go to the gym and I was making poor decisions for my meals and snacks. BIG NO-NO. I kept gaining some of the weight back and then losing it & I just didn't know what to do. I felt like I was a failure with no progress to show. So I thought "Maybe, if I invested on a food diary and calculate my calorie intake and consumption of water, it could work..?" Huzzah! There was progress! I felt in control of what was going into my body and more energized each day. I noticed my body was gradually slimming down by taking progress photos and going to the gym 4-5 times a week. In total, I lost 16 lbs. Boy, was I ever glad! I started feeling happy about myself and with that, I was, again, motivated to complete my mission to good health.


However, I am still fairly new at this and have a lot to research about my body type and what kind of diet I should be on. I really hope that when I post my next fitness update, I'll have more information I can share with you. Any advices are welcome, please comment! I would definitely love to hear them! =)




0 comments :

Post a Comment