I came upon this on stumbleupon.com & I ABSOLUTELY loveee thiss! I don't have much to say about this except that it's self-explanatory, hahaha. Thought I would share it with you guys, enjoy!
45 LIFE LESSONS, WRITTEN BY A 90 YEAR OLD
1. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short not to enjoy it.
4. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and family will.
5. Don’t buy stuff you don’t need.
6. You don’t have to win every argument. Stay true to yourself.
7. Cry with someone. It’s more healing than crying alone.
8. It’s OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for things that matter.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
12. It’s OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn’t be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye… But don’t worry; God never blinks.
16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful. Clutter weighs you down in many ways.
18. Whatever doesn’t kill you really does make you stronger.
19. It’s never too late to be happy. But it’s all up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don’t take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Overprepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don’t wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words, ‘In five years, will this matter?’
27. Always choose Life.
28. Forgive but don’t forget.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give Time time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn’t do.
35. Don’t audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
36. Growing old beats the alternative — dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood.
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back.
41. Envy is a waste of time. Accept what you already have, not what you think you need.
42. The best is yet to come…
43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
45. Life isn’t tied with a bow, but it’s still a gift.
Thursday, October 24, 2013
Sunday, October 13, 2013
Hellooo! This is my first 'face of the day' look! Soo lately I have been intrigued to buy and try all sorts of eyeshadow palettes because instead of focusing mainly on nail art, I wanted to expand my skills on applying makeup.
Watching people who are aspiring makeup artists on YouTube or Instagram, makes me envious and wishing that I can create these beautiful and amazing looks. I'm not saying that I want to become a makeup artist nor do I ever compare because these people are sooo talented!! All I want to do is to learn how to experiment with different colours or eye shadow textures. :)
Please note: I am an amateur, so beware!! & sorry for the quality :(
Today's look is smokey silver. I don't really have a better name for that LOL. The palette that I used is from Urban Decay's Naked 2 Palette.
1) Prime your eyes with Urban Decay's Primer Potion.
2) Apply & blend TEASE on the crease.
3) Pat VERVE on the inner lid blending towards the middle.
4) Apply PISTOL on the outer lid blending towards the middle & darken and define outer crease with BLACKOUT forming a 'V' shape and blend, blend, blend!
5) Repeat step 2.
6) Highlight your brow bone with FOXY.
7) Darken lower lash line with BLACKOUT & line your upper and lower waterline with eyeliner.
8) Apply mascara and your favorite lashes and you're good to go! :)
Hope you enjoy!
Wednesday, October 9, 2013
Hiii! My first post on my blog is going to be a nail tutorial, well...not really a tutorial. Lol I'm terrible at explaining and describing step-by-step instructions. I knowww, its easy but thats now how I function, hahah. So please bear with me!
My inspiration to create this blog is my good 'ol friend from high school in which we had a bad falling out due to stupid drama. However, we made peace and still in touch but with our busy lives, we try and make time for eachother. She loves and enjoys doing nail art and seeing how much she has improved has inspired me to do what I love.
This week's nail design was something I picked up on Pinterest. The colors reminds me of Tiffany & Co. Soo elegant and simple!
Hopefully the step-by-step photos will help and do some justice! The base colour I used is Essie's 'mint candy apple'. You don't necessarily have to use the exact same colour, use whatever floats your boat. It will all turn out the same! :)
Please feel free to comment!